Consular Processing

Immigrating to the United States is an important and complex decision. Once you are the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you, you, as a foreign national may apply for lawful permanent resident status (a Green Card). If you are outside of the United States, you may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident. This pathway is referred to as consular processing. Although many aliens who are already in the United States will opt for adjustment of status by submitting an application to the United States Citizen and Immigration Services ("USCIS"), some will be ineligible to adjust their status in the United States and will have no choice but to complete their cases through consular processing. Reiner & Pleva, PLLC will evaluate which route is best for you.

Initial Consultation

We can answer many of your immigration questions in an initial consultation either by phone or in person.

We will help you assess your situation, identify the immigration issues, and provide information you need to make an informed decision.

Practice Areas

Family Based Immigration
Employment Based Immigration
Removal and Deportation Litigation Defenses Federal Court Immigration Litigation
Naturalization & Citizenship
Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

News And Our Comments