About the Law Firm
Helping clients navigate immigration matters
At Reiner & Pleva, PLLC, we maintain high ethical standards and are committed to keeping our clients well-informed about the status of their cases, acting in their best interest at all times, and making sure that our reputation as a first-rate immigration law firm continues well into the twenty-first century.
Reiner & Pleva, PLLC Law Firm
Taryn Pleva and Jan Allen Reiner combine their experience and knowledge to assist clients with navigating through the often confusing world of immigration. The combination of Mr. Reiner’s 40 years+ of taking on the most difficult immigration cases and Ms. Pleva’s proven zealous and strategic legal representation, Reiner & Pleva, PLLC offers all immigrants the best option to succeed with their matters.
The firm’s professional reputation is built on the trust and respect of clients and peers in the legal community. Whether it’s keeping families united, adding qualified individuals to the U.S. work force, or securing a safe home, we believe that our work in immigration law not only improves the lives of individuals, but is part of what makes our own country strong. If you are a non-citizen or a business with an immigration issue, we have the knowledge and experience to help you obtain the results you need.
Experts in Immigration Issues
- Asylum and refugee law (including derivative asylum applications)
- Withholding of and deferral of removal under the Convention Against Torture (CAT)
- Family immigration petitions
- Petitions under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Stokes interviews
- Naturalization and stalled naturalization proceedings
- Visas for victims of criminal activity (U visas) and human trafficking (T visas)
- Investment-based immigration
- Employment-based immigration categories including EB-1A (aliens possessing extraordinary ability), EB-1C (intracompany transferees), EB-2 (individuals holding at least a master’s degree), EB-3 (skilled workers), EB-4 (special immigrants) preference categories
- Employment based non-immigrant categories including H-1B (specialty occupation visas), H-3 (trainee visas), L-1A (managerial/executive transferees), L-1B (individuals with specialized knowledge), E-1 (trade-related work), E-2 (investment-related work visas), O-1 (aliens possessing extraordinary ability), R-1 (religious workers),
- Deportation and removal defense
- Requests to join in motions to reopen with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Waivers of grounds of inadmissibility
- All levels of immigration and federal court review including before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), administrative motions to reopen before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and federal litigation before U.S. District Courts and U.S. Courts of Appeals
More Information: Immigration Lawyer NYC
Jan Allen Reiner, Esq.
Jan Allen Reiner is of counsel to Reiner and Pleva, PLLC. He has over forty-five years of experience in the practice of immigration law. Jan Allen Reiner continues the tradition of honesty, integrity and legal practice excellence started by his father, Andrew Reiner, who was one of the early pioneers in the practice of immigration law. Mr. Reiner is an active member of AILA since November 1975 and was the New York Chapter Chair from 1990-1991.
Mr. Reiner has litigated immigration cases in a variety of courts including U.S. District Courts in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington D.C., and he is admitted to practice law and has litigated in the following courts: U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit. Jan Allen Reiner has been selected to New York Super Lawyers for 2007 – 2021. Prior to becoming an attorney, he studied at St. John’s University School of Law.
Taryn Pleva, Esq.
Managing Member of Reiner & Pleva, PLLC
Taryn Pleva, Esq. is a graduate of Western New England University School of Law and she became passionate about immigration after she volunteered at the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, New Jersey in 2006. For the past 15 years, Ms. Pleva has focused on protecting, gaining and preserving immigrant and nonimmigrant status for her clients through persuasive advocacy and written submissions. As the Managing Member of Reiner & Pleva, PLLC, she has represented clients from all over the world and she has conducted hearings throughout the United States including in Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine.
Ms. Pleva is admitted to the New York State bar and the United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit. She is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and she has conducted seminars concerning immigration matters throughout New York and New Jersey.
The greatest nations are defined by how they treat their weakest inhabitants.
We can answer many of your immigration questions in an initial consultation either by phone or in person.
We will help you assess your situation, identify the immigration issues, and provide information you need to make an informed decision.